יום רביעי, 21 באוגוסט 2013

Top ten nutritious foods

Hi there,

The most important and basic nutritional tip that you ever hear is to get just enough calories such that your body gets all the nutrients that it needs. Just enough means way less calories than normal western diets provide. I know many of you hate math - but just remember that your goal is to maximinze N/C where N stands for nutrients and C stands for calories. You want to get more nutrients for less calories. 

I already presented you with the nutritional target map where you can see how nutritious is every food type and how it makes you feel full. But is there a way to give a total score to a food and then sort all foods on earth according to this score?

Well there *IS* !!! - The ANDI Score!

ANDI stands for "aggregate Nutrient Density Index". It shows the nutrient density of a food on a scale of 1 to 1000 after evaluating an extensive range of micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidant capacities.


Now let's look at the top 10 - they all belong to the green family!!


KALE (score = 1000)
קייל

Just a week ago I was frustrated cause I could only find it in the Tel-Aviv Port but this week it appeared in Shufersal both in Ayalon Mall and Givataim and also the store where I get my greens in Ramat-Gan. Do yourself a favor - eat this stuff!!



COLLARD GREENS(score = 1000)
עלי קולארד

I couldn't find it in our little country.

MUSTARD GREENS(score = 1000)
עלי חרדל



WATERCRESS(score = 1000)
גרגר הנחלים


The guy from the greens store in Ramat Gan told me that *this* was watercress - but it was NOT. I haven't found this one in Israel yet.


SWISS CHART(score = 895)
עלי סלק


BOK CHOY(score = 865)
בוק צ'וי \ פאק צ'וי


SPINACH (score = 707)
תרד




ARUGULA (score = 604)
ארוגולה

ROMAINE (score = 604)
חסה ערבית

as pictured in my kitchen...

BRUSSEL SPROUTS (score = 490)
כרוב ניצנים

I eat these every day at least once, I keep them frozen. They are very yummy - a bit bitter.



Anyway - what's common to the top ten nutritious foods in the world? They are all greens. Yes - this is what humans should consume! Remember that!

Aviel.







אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה