"If you can keep your Cholesterol under 140 - you chances of developing a coronary heart disease are very small"
Says Dr. Ellsworth Wareham, a 98 year old Cardiothoracic surgeon. The guy is 98 years old and is on a low fat vegan diet.
I urge you to take the time to listen to these 13 minutes - what can I say - these are some words of wisdom and are a true inspiration for me.
In short -
- Vegan is a very fine form of nutrition.
- He tries to maintain a calm approach to life - not to get worried because of
- He has a good night sleep, and he takes a nap during the day if he feels like it.
- Vegetable based diet is the healthiest way to go.
- "All tastes are acquired except for breast milk" - You can change your taste habits and any time given will power and a little patience.
- Cholesterol is the chief problem that we have to be concerned about - as far as coronary disease.
- if your cholesterol is under 140 - very very seldom a person experiences a heart attack when cholesterol is under 140.
- One of the factors for high Cholesterol is the consumption of foods that are high in saturdated fats.
- Most animal fat is saturated, nost plant based fat is non saturated or mono saturated.
- There are scientists like Dr. Campbell of the Cornell university who claims that not only animal fat shall increase cholesterol but also animal protein.
- If you can keep your Cholesterol under a 140 - you chances of developing a coronary heart disease are very small.
- If you go on a low fat vegan diet then your chances of developing a coronary heart disease are very low.