I spent several hours reading the weight watchers system and planning accordingly.
The way it works is as follows - Everything that you eat costs you points. For example if you drink one glass of 1% fat milk then it costs you 2.5 points. Another example, if you eat double Hamburger of around 150 g then it costs you 17 points.
Now according to your weight and age weight watchers provide you with the number of points that you can eat per day.
Vegetables cost 0 points.
The first 3 fruits that you eat per day cost you 0 points.
In addition, in case of emergency where you have to eat outside and you eat a lot and exaggerate, then weight watchers give you 49 points to spend.
In addition - if you do sports then you can credit yourself with more points.
Now since I weigh around 140 Kg - the weight watchers coach told me that I can eat 59 points. She was shocked when she read that number to me... - she said it's too much. Again - these people are used to deal with small women. So she kind of suggested that I eat 35-45 points. Anyway - the most basic thing that I need to know - I don't know.
So I took the old plan and arranged myself a weekly plan of around 42 points.
Let me describe a typical day according to this plan
Early Morning (~6 a.m)
- 2 table spoons of oat mixed with cinnamon & flax.
Breakfast (~7:45 a.m)
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 200 g 3% yogurt
- 100 g 1% Cottage Cheese
- Big Salad with no salt, no pepper, no oil
- 10 Olives
Snack (~10:00 a.m.)
- One slice of whole wheat bread.
- One tea spoon peanuts butter or one tbsp Humus or one tbsp raw techina or half Avocado
- 10 gr walnuts or 6 pieces of Brazil nuts or 24 almonds
Lunch (~12:00 noon)
- 1 glass of cooked fool beans or lentils or peas.
- 1 glass of cooked full rice or pasta made of whole wheat or wheat groats.
- 1 egg or 1 soy shnitzel.
- Huge Salad with all 5 colors.
Snack (~16:00 afternoon)
- 3 plums or 2 big bananas or 3 apples or 3 peaches or 24 grapes or 1.5 cups of chopped mango
Dinner (~19:00 afternoon)
- 1 big salad
- 1 tsp olives oil
- 250 g 0.5% cottage cheese.
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
- 1 egg
few points here -
- I eat 6 meals per day - I should never be hungry.
- I am vegetarian since I was 7.5 years old.
- The 10 olives provides the oil that one need in order to digest the vitamins that we have in the salad. Unfortunately it contains lots of salt. I may have to look for an alternative.
- Even though I am diabetics - I decided to eat fruits cause weight watchers strongly recommended them. I selected fruits with low glycemic index.
- I know that building a plan according to weight watchers is not accurate and I do it only at the beginning - later I shall revert to relying directly on the USDA data base.